Anticipation…

You probably can’t wait to see our new kitchen, hunh?

Well, quite honestly, neither can I…

Yes, it is STILL not done.  We’re sooo close, but it seems to be following that age old rule.  The first  90% of the job takes 90% of the scheduled time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time….   Hmmm, maybe contractors never learn to tell time, or do math.

To keep you entertained in the meantime, I composed a little song.  I’m sure you can figure out the tune.

————

A Few of My Favorite Things

Touch turn-on faucets and refinished floors   Black soapstone counters and cherry shaker doors   Subcontractor jobs that come with no strings   These are a few of my favorite things

Bright light all over and a room filled with grace   Large granite basins and  a sense of more space    French-door iceboxes with Tots stuck inside them    These are a few of my favorite gems.

Convection ovens to make apple streudels    Swinging pot fillers  to boil our noodles   Frig alarms and timers set up to sing   These are a few of my favorite things

Antique glass cabinets filled with white dishes   All in a kitchen thats made to my wishes   Moss green slate backsplash that harks back to spring   These are a few of my favorite things

When the work stalls   When the Tot clings   When I’m feeling sad   I simply remember my favorite things   And then I don’t feel so bad

And yes, I spent WAY more time on this post than I should have…

But you’re worth it.

Advertisements

0 Responses to “Anticipation…”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




Number of Curious People

  • 5,706 hits
wordpress visitors

%d bloggers like this: